Rosier Internet Ltd trading as Handcrafted Hosting (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Rosier Internet Ltd is a private limited company registered in England & Wales with number 07759500 whose registered office is at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX.
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you.
Information you give us:
If you decide to register with or use our Services you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself. You will voluntarily provide us with Personal Data which includes your name, email address, contact details, date of birth and security questions when you:
- purchase or register to use our Services;
- request and receive Customer Support;
- request further information or quotes, including completing contact forms;
- request newsletters or other information from us;
- provide billing and payment information;
- register for offers and events;
- post comments on our website and various social media sites that we use (including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+);
- otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
Information we collect about you:
When you use our Services we may automatically collect the following information:
- Account related information such as account number, purchases, when our Services renew or expire, information requests, and customer service requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
- Technical information is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties) contained within the Services, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you:
- if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected via our Services;
- from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them; or
- if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Special category and criminal offence data:
Rosier Internet does not request any special category data (race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, health, sex life or sexual orientation) nor do we request criminal offence data.
Failure to provide information:
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our Services) and as such may have to cancel the Services you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Use Of Your Information
Unless stated, the lawful basis for processing is for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enable us to enter into such a contract, our legitimate interests or to comply with our legal obligations. Where consent is the lawful basis for processing, we will make you aware and request your consent.
Information you give to us:
We will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- communicate with you by responding to your requests and sending you emails about renewals, invoicing and account management;
- administer your account and keep track of billing and payments;
- understand and improve our Services to you;
- keep our Services secure by investigating and preventing abuse and fraud;
- provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- notify you about changes to our Services; or
- ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you:
We will use this information to:
- administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- deliver relevant advertising to you, and to analyse the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others; or
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services about services that may interest you or them.
We also access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data we have collected from you. We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- assist us to better understand how our customers are using our Services;
- provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of our Services; or
- provide useful business insights from the aggregated data.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
All information we receive or collect
We may use all information we receive or collect:
- in the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure;
- where necessary for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice; or
- where necessary for compliance with legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your information, including Personal Data, with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2016.
We may also share your information, including Personal Data, with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you and for the purpose of providing part of our Services to you;
- to the extent necessary to comply with ICANN or any ccTLD rules, regulations and policies when you register a domain name with us;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Services;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, including to prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Rosier Internet Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party;
- if we are under a duty in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and/or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rosier Internet Ltd, our customers, or others; or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
When complying with court orders and similar legal processes, when permitted, we will make reasonable efforts to notify users of any disclosure of their information, unless we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, or in rare, exigent circumstances.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Storage and Transfer of Your Personal Data
We always ensure that your information is only transferred in full accordance with UK data protection laws and/or applicable EU data protection laws. In particular, this means that your information will only be transferred to countries that provides adequate level of protection, as determined by the European Commission, or the recipient is bound by standard contractual clause according to conditions provided by the European Commission (“EU Model Clauses”).
Our Services are accessible via the Internet and may potentially be accessed by any user around the world. Other users may access our Services from outside the EEA. This means that where you choose to upload your data to our Services, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occured. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our partners, networks, advertisers and affiliate. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices or content of these websites.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under the applicable laws you are afforded the rights to:
- be informed: You have the right to be informed of the information we collect and how we use it. We believe this document does that and will continue to update it as necessary to ensure you are fully informed;
- access: You have the right to access information held about you;
- rectification: You have the right to rectify any information held about you;
- erasure: You have the right to erase any information you have provided to us, subject to our Terms & Conditions and our legal obligations set out below (see ‘Retention’);
- restrict processing: You have the right to restrict the processing of your information;
- data portability: You have the right to export your data;
- object: You have the right to object to the processing of your information.
Whereby you wish to exercise any of your rights, you can make such a request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with all requests where we can reasonably do so, or provide you with instructions on how to do so, however in some circumstances it may prevent us from providing our Services. You will be informed of how your request will affect your use of our Services prior before being asked to confirm if you wish to proceed. We may ask for proof of identity prior to exercising any rights.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide our Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If none of these obligations apply we will delete Personal Data within 12 months of your account being closed.
We will retain de-personalised information after your account has been closed.
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
Data Protection Authority
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF